The Doggett family has deep roots and generations of history in Giles County.
Clay grew up in Pulaski with his parents and sister, where he attended Richland School from kindergarten through the 12th grade. He then went on to the University of Alabama in Huntsville, where he earned degrees in history and political science in 2006.
While at the University of Alabama, Clay was a College Republicans debate team member and a pitcher for the college baseball team.
In 2007, Clay began working as a history and government teacher at Spring Hill High School. After two years in that role, he took a position with the Giles County Sheriff’s Department, where he worked initially as a correctional officer and later as a Sheriff’s Deputy over four and a half years’ time.
While working as a deputy, Clay took on the adventure of starting a “side business” specializing in exterior cleaning. This was the birth of Blueline Pressure Washing Services.
Through much hard work, Blueline eventually grew to the point that Clay decided to focus his full-time attention on the business. Since then, Clay has been a full-time small business owner and operator, managing a service-based company that now serves several cities in the region.
In 2009, Clay was blessed with a wonderful wife, Mary Lauren Tinnon Doggett. They have three children – one son: Coell (6), and two daughters: Hannah Clay (3) and Ada (1).
Both Clay and Mary Lauren were raised in Pulaski by parents who are both from Pulaski, with most of their grandparents and great-grandparents also hailing from Giles County or neighboring counties.
This history inspires Clay’s passion for the success of Giles and Lawrence counties.
Some additional points of note:
- Clay is fully invested and interested in the success of Giles and Lawrence counties. As you can see, it’s kind of “in his blood”.
- Clay is a long time member of Fairview Church of Christ in Pulaski.
- Clay is a member of both the Giles County and Lawrence County chambers of commerce.
- Clay was a member of the Giles Patriots in 2009.
- Clay was a “Leadership Giles” Class Graduate in 2016.
- Clay is a member of the NRA.
- Clay is a member of the Pulaski Civitan Club
- Clay is a member of the Giles County Youth Baseball Board of Directors